Have a look at SID FAQs
SID is part of the University's Green Exeter initiative.
Our SID advisors are your first point of contact for information for non-academic enquiries including accommodation, exams, fees and funding, graduation, international student support, letters, transcripts and certificates, and student IT.
We have many frequently updated guides in our FAQ section, relating to IT, Accommodation, Immigration Support, Fees, Funding and Academic queries.
Our current turnaround time for online and email enquiries is 15 working days. You are likely to be able to find some answers more quickly by checking the following web resources, before submitting an enquiry or calling us:
If you still cannot find an answer after exploring these resources or the University website then logging and enquiry through SID online helps ensure your enquiry is dealt with more quickly and by the correct team.
Log an enquiry through SID Online or through the web or app version of iExeter.
If we cannot help with your question right away, we will direct your enquiry to the appropriate team within the?SID Online
If an enquiry is urgent/time sensitive, please call us:
0300 555 0444 (UK)
+441392 724724 (International)
Please make submitting an online or phone enquiry your first choice where possible as due to social distancing, we are operating a limited in person service.
However, visit SID in the Forum or Info at St Lukes in the first instance for the following services:
- Replacement Unicard
- Document validation
- Print: student status letters, transcripts and certificates
- Thesis submissions
We operate a digital queuing system at the Forum. There is currently no walk-up queue or service at SID in The Forum.
You can can join the digital queues via the links below (please note that you will need to attend the SID desk in good time when you recieve the notification):
SID (Streatham Campus)
Info at St Luke's
Monday to Friday (term time)
09:00 - 17:00
08:00 - 18:00 (phones only)
SID Online 24 hours a day
09:00 - 17:00
Saturday (term time only)
09:00 - 17:00 (In person and phones)
Tel: 0300 555 6060 (UK)
+44 (0) 1392 723044 (International)
For enquiries about your application, or about applying to study at the university.
Tel: 01392 723999
24 hours day, 365 days a year
For security assistance
Tel: 01392 724381
Talking Therapies, Mental Health advice and support
Student Guild Advice Unit
Tel: 01392 723520
Weekdays, 10am – 3pm excluding bank holidays and University closure periods (please note that we may have to close on other occasions due to limited staffing but will try and advertise in advance where possible)
Independent, impartial and confidential advice on a range of issues, including housing, funding, and academic concerns
Student Recruitment (Open Day enquiries)
Tel: 01392 724043
Web: Enquire online
Career Zone (students)
Tel: 01392 72 4493
To help prepare you for life work after university, offering quality assistance and advice
Temporary Staff bank
Tel: 01392 722983
Weekdays 9am- 5pm
For general enquiries to the Temporary Staff Bank
For general enquiries regarding Casual Claims, registration, or the eClaims system
Student Health Centre
Tel: 01392 67 6606
For up to date opening times please check the Student Health Centre webpages
Student Finance England
Tel: 0300 100 0607
Weekdays 8am to 8pm
Saturday and Sunday, 9am to 4pm
Student Finance Services Non UK Team (EU Students)
Tel: 0141 243 3570
Weekdays 9am to 5:30pm
International callers UK: 0044 141 243 3570
Student Finance Wales
Tel: 0300 200 4050
Weekdays 8am to 6pm
Student Finance Scotland/ Student Award Agency Scotland
0300 555 0505
Monday to Friday 8.30am 5pm
Info Points and Hubs
Info Points provide a range of support and advice for general and course specific enquiries. Discover where the various Info Points and Hubs are located across both Exeter campuses and find out more about the services they offer.
- Login to SID Online and select 'ask a question'
- Browse the FAQ headings, type a question or keywords into the search box
- You can access the black 'Log new enquiry' button at all points through the FAQs, including on the FAQ headings page. The button is otherwise under Enquiries tab on the left.
- If you click log enquiry from within an FAQ, the category will be automatically selected – If you don’t, select a category. You can either scroll through or you can start typing to find a category.
- By selecting a category, this can ensure that the enquiry goes to the correct specialist team.
- Log your enquiry
- You will receive an automatic email with an enquiry reference number.
- Keep this email in case you need to follow your enquiry up at any point.
- Await response
- Depending on the nature of the enquiry, we may ask you for further information.
- Please allow up to a maximum of ten working days for a response.
- You can always call us to follow up your enquiry.
- Enquiry answered!
- You will receive an email with an answer to your enquiry.
- Leave feedback
- Click 'Go to my Enquiry' and leave feedback and comments on how we did! We value any feedback, comments and suggestions.
You can check the visual guide here: How_to_log_an_enquiry_as_enquirer.
Log into iExeter either through your smartphone via the iExeter app or on your laptop/desktop PC with your usual University username and password and tap/click on the 'SID' tab.
For quick enquiries - choose the 'Create new enquiry' and pick the category that best suits your question.
For more detailed enquiries - if you're enquiry is more detailed, or you need to access a specific form, select 'Access SID' to take you to the SID Online login page to log your enquiry.
View your open enquiries - Want to see the current status of your enquiry? Select 'view open enquiries', or if you require an update please contact us